Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of other websites.
- Collection of Your Personal Information
We may process your personal information when you submit it to us in the following ways:
- Communications via our Website: We collect personal information when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the “Contact Us” page on our Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
- Products or Services you request: Where you request a good or service from us, we will collect your personal information to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase. We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, work address, or telephone number. In order to access some Billet Specialties, Inc. services, you will be asked to sign in with an e-mail address and password.
- Careers: We also process your personal information if you apply to work at Billet Specialties, Inc. via our career opportunity pages. The type of information we may process about you may include contact details, personal details, education and training details (including qualification, attendance at educational establishments and training received), and employment details (including details of previous employment roles).
- Interaction with our Website use of our services: when you use our Website, we will automatically receive technical information, including your interaction with our Website, the site you came from, search engine(s) and keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, type of browser you use, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. To offer you a consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one service we provide may be combined with information obtained through other services. For example, we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act and therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into the “My Account” and editing their customer profile.
Use of Your Personal Information
Billet Specialties, Inc. processes your personal information to enable us to perform the contract entered into between you and us, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to operate and improve our Website and services including making them easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- to enable us to respond to an inquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website, including for customer service support;
- to provide you with more effective customer service;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences;
- to communicate with you to provide you information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about as we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below;
- when you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information; and
- to enable us to process and consider your application to create an account.
We may contact you to provide you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, Billet Specialties, Inc. or by one of our selected third parties, in each case where you have consented to receive these communications.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- other groups companies to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and/or to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- the service providers that we engage to provide services for us to help us further our business objectives. Where we provide your personal information to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and must only use your personal information as instructed by us;
- our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen, and therefore have consented, to share your personal information through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
Security of Your Personal Information
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. You should update your password periodically to help reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your account with us. When you do, you should strengthen your password with the combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation and other symbols. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Storing Your Personal Information
Personal information collected through our Website and services will be stored on servers located in the U.S. It may also be processed by our affiliates, including in the U.S. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, administration of an inquiry or request you make via our Website or the provision of support services.
Billet Specialties, Inc. will store your information for as long as we have to by law, and where there is no legal requirement, we will only store your personal information for 26 months for Google Analytics. At any time, Personal Information can be requested to be deleted via email to email@example.com in the form of a “Right to be Forgotten” request.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalized content and appropriate advertising on your later visits to these sites.
- you may encounter cookies from our third party providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our site operations and services.
- you also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our website, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
Types of Cookies used on our Website:
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs and other tracking technologies, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on our Website.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our site to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there. The IP-anonymization is active on this Website.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, you can click this link in order to opt out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this Website in the future. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you will have to click this link again if you delete your cookies.
You can find more information at the following link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.
Opting Out of Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Billet Specialties, Inc. sites and services that depend on cookies. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
For more information on cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.]
You may inform us of any changes in your personal information, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your personal information accordingly. To find out what personal information we hold on you or to have your personal information updated, amended or removed from our database, please email your request to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’): You may have the right to: request (a) access to your personal information we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal information we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
For more information on your rights and its requirements, please see the information provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/ and https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact Billet Specialties, Inc. by email at email@example.com or by mail to 500 Shawmut Ave, La Grange, IL 60526 USA. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country.